Friday, April 11, 2008

"You Don't Want to Look Like a Billboard Betty!"


 Kathie, My twin sister, was the first to carefully advise me a couple of years ago, that darker colors really were best for me. sigh, she was right of course, but I remember being a little pissy with her along with all of the clerks at the dress barn, on my first ever trip to the larger size side of the store. When I had a heart attack in 2004, I quit smoking, loosing my very very best friend ever and for a few months tried to replace this good friend in my life with chocolate drum sticks. I haven't been thin in many years, but I left the ok zone in 2005 and went on over to the HEAVY SET side of life. Heart failure reared it's ugly head in late 2005 and that only made things worse. For whatever reason, shortly after going on disability last August, I started loosing weight. I've lost about 25 pounds; not enough to put be on Vogue of course but enough to be able to shop in the 6-14 size section of the stores. I'm between sizes now, (never mind which ones) which brings me to the point of this story. I went out today to purchase a new outfit for tomorrow's gathering. Wanting NOT to look overweight and wondering which size to go with (larger? smaller?) I tried taking camera photos of myself in the dressing room of myself and my backside. I sent them to my sister---the twin--- for her opinion. She didn't know what I was trying to do and called to say..WHAT?  Upon hearing my plight and re-checking the photos I sent, imparted the following words of wisdom.."Always always go with the larger size and watch the bright green Betty; "  You DON'T want to look like a Billboard tomorrow! Those words rang in my ears as I stood in line and paid for the bright green and linen outfit I decided to purchased anyway. They'll be ringing in my ears long after the day is over tomorrow; everytime I look at photos of the day.
Thank you for taking the time to read my blog today.


2 comments:

sandy said...

Ahh just came in from yard work and thought to check here. I like that color green...in fact, I love it. You'll look great in it.

And good for you, 25 pounds is a lot to lose...

Can't wait to hear about the day...

and how fun to have so many in the family there. So..lots of pics okay...

Kathie Moore said...

Definitly not a billboard.