Friday, August 1, 2008

Friday


Not much to post today; That won't stop me though. I have Sabby today and decided we should take a nap earlier. She's still sleeping. In a little while, we're going to meet Kathie, Ema, & Kaitlyn at Ricky's restaurant (the one he works at actually) for an early dinner. Ricky had a lot of catching up to do after getting home from Hawaii so he's been working double shifts all week. This way he can see the girls again before they go home. I'll take my camera of course, and annoy the heck out of Ricky, taking pictures at his work. It's GREAT.
I have a rude habit, when someone strikes me as moronic beyond words, of inquiring out loud (not necessarily in front of that person) if their parents were related before marriage. I've said this for probably 20 years. This morning, Sabby wanted to borrow my tape. After negotiating with me for a couple of minutes - promising this time for SURE she'll bring it back, she asked me where the tape was.. I was at my computer, trying to make my new family web page work properly and told her absently that I had no idea where it was. She walked up behind me and I heard her say... "Gran! You are SO RELATED!".. I looked over and saw what she saw, the tape in front of me. Startled, I asked her what she said...she repeated it and I said, you mean my PARENTS are related?  "Yeah Gran" she told me and flashed that incredible smile at me.. I stopped laughing after a few minutes.. I really need to watch what I say in front of her. Mom, Dad.. I PROMISE I told her you guys were NOT related prior to your marriage.
Thanks for taking the time to read my blog today.

4 comments:

Carla Marasco said...

Too Funny! Sabby is a girl after her mommy's heart! Gotta Love Her!!!

sandy said...

hahahahaha, there are times I think I know lots of people who are related....

ha.

mig bardsley said...

What a bright little button :) Children always pick up :)

Anonymous said...

Nice portrait. I like it a lot.