Sunday, August 3, 2008

It's a Dog's Life

Shane, our border collie loves nothing better than to chase the ball. Day and Night, Night and Day. I don't like him running so much in the heat.. I also don't like going out in the heat..
Lucky for Shane, my house is more hallway than anything else.
Rex, Our Collie, on the other hand, is more sedate. He likes sleeping and being left alone.. Oh and He likes hot dogs. We had a barbecue yesterday, Rex is salivating.  Yes, I snuck him a hot dog.
We said good bye to Kat & Emma yesterday. They headed back to California, Home to Aly & Saul. We'll miss you guys! See you soon.
Thanks for taking the time to read my blog today.

7 comments:

Jim Klenke said...

Have you seen that TV show Greatest American Dog or something like that? There is a border collie on there. He steals the show.

sandy said...

I love all the tile floors, how cool and in Arizona, much needed I'm assuming. Cute photos of the dog.

Brenda said...

Hi,
I followed you from Sandy's blog. I have friends that live in Scottsdale, but I don't know where Buckeye is. Arizona is beautiful. I have a grand daughter named Maddie also. Will check back with you.
Have a great day!
Brenda

Anonymous said...

I watched a segment of Dog Whisperer not long ago and Border Collies have to herd something so they run a lot to do that. I wonder if that is why your dog like to play with the ball. A job of trying to herd it?

I wish we had a dog again. We have had dogs all our lives and when the last one died, my wife said she didn't want to go through that again so we didn't replace Autumn. It has been hard for me as I love dogs but then I don't much like to go through the separation thing again either. I would settle for a cat even but she doesn't want that either.

Oh well, maybe someday I can get one and bring it home. LOL

mig bardsley said...

Sweet dogs :) Ours like to run and sometimes chases hares in the field. He never catches them (wouldn't know what to do with one if he did) but he keeps up for a while :)

OvaGirl said...

Hi Betty, gee your blog is looking really good. I love border collies, we had one when I was in high school. He was lovely...

Anonymous said...

You need one of those tennis ball thrower things to keep him busy! :)

The Broken Man

http://theblogofabrokenman.blogspot.com/