Monday, July 14, 2008

Monsoon in Buckeye


I worked yesterday, on organizing old photos on my computer. My desk faces a window and my view is of the West / South West. I watched the storm approach for a couple of hours. There is a lot of beauty in an approaching Monsoon as long as I and everyone I love is safely inside. Yesterday, there was no wall of dust preceding the black cloud coming in my direction so the contrast between blue sky and black clouds was clear and beautiful. Even though I watched the storm approach, it came as a surprise when the wind started and moments later, the rain started slamming against my window. So often the storms seem to approach and we never see rain.  The weather "gal" on the news this morning said Buckeye got .31 inches.. NOT. My yard flooded within 5 minutes and the rain continued for another hour.. light rain overnight and more rain this morning. More like a winter rain. I LOVE it! It'll save me $20.00 bucks on my water bill this month!!! And it brought the temps down for a little while.
Thanks for taking the time to read my blog today. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm behind on reading blogs. Enjoyed my catch up here. We did get rain here in So Cal Saturday night and then we were in Wrightwood yesterday and a storm started. It was great.

sandy

mig bardsley said...

I love to watch a storm approaching. It's so beautiful and so interesting to see the way the clouds shed water in the distance.
Glad you got to cool down for a while and I hope you got some sleep eventually the night before :)