Tuesday, March 18, 2008

It's good to be home


I got home last night, bringing Lyndsey and the girls home with me for a short visit. Buckeye is the first suburb you come upon after driving through the desert for hours. By the time we saw the first signs of "life" last night, I told Lyndsey, she'd have to fly home on Friday.  I drive a Jeep Commander which seats 7. I wanted it for the sole purpose of transporting my grand kids everywhere. Well, it's great to get the kids in, but storage is a separate problem. Once we crammed the 4 kids, luggage for four girls, and two grown ups (including all needed baby equipment) AND my Camera equipment into the car; it was a cramped and a very uncomfortable ride.  So, it's good to be home. Our current plan is to take the kids to the park in a few minutes, let them eat and RUN them for an hour.. Then bring them home to nap.. After a late night last night, the kids rose earlier than usual so Mommy and Gran are very tired.
Conner's Birthday Party was awesome. He was so excited to open his cars and to have his cousins, and Aunts there. It took a while but Gran got her kiss and smiles.  This Saturday at the Easter Vigil, Madi and Conner are going to be Baptized and Madi will make her First Communion.  In the Catholic Christian tradition, this is a 3 hour service on Holy Saturday. Paul and I will enjoy the view of our kids trying to keep their kids well behaved during a church service. I'm looking forward to that. I'm sure  Cameras will not be allowed so It'll be hard for Gran, not being able to get 150 pictures that night. 

Well, Lyndsey and the girls will soon find my hiding place, so I'll wrap it up here. Have a good day everyone and thanks for taking the time to read my blog today.

John, you passed from this world and it's pain last night. I hope you are now well adjusted to your "New Home" with God and enjoying the  freedom I know you have found from the pain and limitations brought to you by your final challenge of ALS. I will never forget you and since I haven't seen you since high school, to me you will always be that red headed teenager who made us laugh. The world is a better place because you were in it.  Now, even Heaven is a better place because you are there.

No comments: