Friday, April 10, 2009

Easter and EAsters Past

1982 - I made those dresses
Easter 1981
Easter 1986
Easter 1986 

Holy Thursday use to be spent at a special mass. Beautiful service, celebrating the last supper, the institution of the priesthood and all. Well I don't do that much these days.
In the morning, Katie, Sabby and I are headed off to CA to celebrate Easter in Southern CA.
I am so glad today is over, I should be sleeping but I think when I go back to bed, I will sleep o.k.

I'm looking forward to spending a beautiful Easter Afternoon at Carla's mom's house chatting with friends and family. I'll miss Ricky and Paul.. I did (at Ricky's insistence,) prepare an easter basket for him. It sits on my kitchen counter where he'll see it when he comes in to have Breakfast with Paul before they both set off to work.

Thanks for taking the time to read my blog today. Have a wonderful Easter, Passover, great spring weekend.

9 comments:

Jim Klenke said...

I love the old pictures. 1982 is the year I graduated high school, ugh.

Kathie Moore said...

Glad you can now relax and enjoy your weekend!

Michelle said...

Hope you have a great weekend Betty! We have lots of fun things planned too. Oh and check your email.

Brenda said...

You made the dresses..they are so cute! I didn't know you sewed. I used to make the kids clothes also. Happy Easter Betty!

Rudee said...

Those are great pictures Betty. You have such a beautiful family.

Happy Easter.

Julee Marie Photography said...

Have a great time in CA, and have a great Easter with your family!!
If I were Ricky I would "request" an Easter Basket as well!! .

Anonymous said...

I hope your trip will be a memorable one.

Anonymous said...

That sounds like a great Easter - I love these pics. They're so much fun to go through & see what everyone was doing in "the olden days" hehehe

Happy Happy Easter!!!

sandy said...

Have a great weekend,enjoyed the photos.