Saturday, April 18, 2009

April 16

Aunt Kathie with Izzy & Sabby (Aunt Kathie let them wear lipstick!)
Thursday night we had a Small dinner party - sort of- We met Katie's friend - the one moving to Lake Tahoe. Aunt Kathie came over at my request and couldn't help herself.. Putting on a crown and letting the girls wear lipstick. Uncle Rob came of course too. They behaved reasonably well... Better than I did. During the course of the evening, I told Izzy to change her clothes - She turned around, pointed her chubby finger at me and told me to "top it".. I'll cry when she can say her S's.. So the guy seems like a nice guy and didn't flinch when I told him I don't trust him with my grand daughter... Welcome to my house.
Thursday started out with a day at the park, meeting a blogger friend. Michelle, My world. I don't know how to do the link but she's on my list of blogs I visit. She's an amazing young woman with three little ones. They are adorable. It was cold Thursday morning and I'll never forget Diego, without his jacket because he offered it to his little sister. Michelle, stay with the photography. You have a gift --- to say nothing about the camera I wanted to steal from you! I love your pictures. Your babies are a great reflection on you... (hey!!! didn't Bill Cosby say that years ago on one of his records?).. dating myself.
It's not often you meet someone who turns out just as you'd hoped they would. I'm also looking forward to meeting Michelle's family. Her dad, Jose is also on my blog list.. Joe Cool's blog. Their family is enjoying California right now!  Hope they're having fun.


How will I say good bye to you little Red.

Yesterday, after preparing for hours for an appointment with a young couple about to be married... they cancelled... So... I took a nap. Today was spent meeting Lyndsey in the middle of nowhere with Izzy and Makayla. I'll miss those guys. They're coming out next weekend for Sabby's birthday party.
Hope you're all having a wonderful weekend.
Thanks for taking the time to  read my blog today.

8 comments:

Rudee said...

It's always fun to meet new people. The kids are so cute!

sandy said...

Well that's cool, meeting a fellow blogger. Sounds like you hit it off and had a great time.

enjoyed all the pics, sorry about the wedding thing cancelling...

Brenda said...

I love the last picture because it is so clear and you get the feeling of motion with her hair. Just curious what kind of camera you use. Your pictures are always really beautiful.

Julee Marie Photography said...

Betty, try to enjoy every minute with that red head! I still am in shock and cannot believe it. But you never know.. things can change! Great pics!! Can't wait to give you a big hug!!

Betty F said...

Thanks everyone,
Brenda, I use a Canon Rebel DLSR. I'm lusting after a Canon D50 DLSR... but that's out of my price range right now:(

Anonymous said...

I sure wish it would all work out in your favor or to everyone's advantage! I sure miss my grand-daughter, I know that!
That last shot is GREAT! I love it & I soo wish I could meet some blogger friends - That would be so awesome!

Michelle said...

First of all I loved meeting you too... we HAVE to do it again some time.

Glad the dinner went well... LOL. He didn't flinch, maybe it's a good sign?! Send lots of time with Sabby!

Jose said...

What can I say Betty, you met four of my clan mambers that rock my world. Michelle did tell me you guys had a great time but the wind was not cooperating. Isn't Diego a mature six year old?