Friday, March 27, 2009

Sleepless in Buckeye


I wish I could sleep. I wasn't feeling well today, really awful and slept all day. Then I fell asleep early tonight and well here I am... 

Ricky is going back to California to live. I've been expecting it since he moved to AZ; occasionally, I'd think, maybe he'll meet someone here! He lives in a great area for single guys! Right near Westgate!  But no; He's going home, in May, in time to avoid another one of our hideous summer's that will just nearly kill him with his migraines. He told me he'd be here on Mother's Day...He waited awhile because of his dad and me but it's time. He got a work transfer so there'll be no job hunt when he gets home.

I'll miss him and my heart is really heavy tonight... While I don't sleep. Tomorrow morning, or later this morning ; he and his dad are going for a hike. Paul will really miss him.  Ricky's trying to get in all the Mom and Dad, Katie and Sabby time he can, while he's still here.

Thanks for taking the time to read my blog today.
 

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gosh, I feel sorry for you both and him too as leaving home is always a trying time even when you are an adult. Migraines are really cureable but nobody seems to know how to do it. Two of my daughters who are approaching "old lady" status (don't tell them I said that as they clearly are not there yet -- not smart enough) have migraines. I keep looking for a cure and have found all sorts of things that cause them and intense heat is one and intense cold is one. Go figure.

Rudee said...

I'm sorry you're not feeling well. Get some rest today.

Jose said...

As my sister said, we raise them but then they have to find their own way and live their own life, not ours. I am lucky I have all my kids near me, so I feel for you but I know you'll be in California to visit soon. At least he is not moving like back east or something.

Brenda said...

Changes are hard to adjust to. I know you will miss your son. Funny you mentioned migraines. I have been having them too often lately. The last time I had any experiences with them was during the mid 80's. They were serious then for a while. Weather change is the only thing I can figure out that has brought them back. They are mysterious though. And a major pain! I feel for your son having them. Hope you feel better soon Betty!

Kathie Moore said...

Well, that just sucks, Betty. I'm sorry. Who's going to give us money now the next time we want to go out and play?

Betty F said...

Thanks everyone. This move is probably the best for Ricky... AND we moved away from them originally so to be fair.....
Kathie, I'll just have to remember my money next time.

sandy said...

Ohhh, I know it must be sad. I rememmber when my oldest moved to the Bay area, after living close for years, less than 2 miles away. It is a hard one but knowing how much you come into so cal, at least you will still be seeing him a lot, I hope for your sake.

I like that photo of him...

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry Betty! I wish he could stay for you guys - he's not gone yet, so maybe it'll wind up that he stays!
You've gotta get some sleep - it isn't healthy!
Sweet dreams & GOD Bless!!!

Julee Marie Photography said...

Well that just sucks! Do the migraines get worse in the summer, that's weird. HE BETTER be there when I come to visit in May!!