Thursday, March 19, 2009

It's been ages! A lot going on last week!

I left "early" last Wednesday... well two.. and headed west on interstate 10. I was driving when I took this picture. On the sides of the road.. Spring/Wild flowers are starting to bloom. The drive is really colorful and beautiful. I'm going to have to start writing memories down, since I keep forgetting them. I do remember Sabby telling me about her dream (which lasted all night Gran so I'm not done yet) until my eyes began to cross. Love you little Sabbs.
Thursday, we didn't do much while I vegged out and rested from the drive. Friday, we went to SanDiego Wild Animal Park. Lyndsey has a membership and free passes. So lots of walking on Friday. This little guy, was born a few hours before I took this picture. Weighed in at 256 pounds.

The kids LOVED him. He's really a cutie.. well in elephant land.

Conner was so intrigued by all the sights, Gran and Pappys bought him his own membership to the park and zoo for his birthday, so he can always go when Aunt Lyndsey goes.

Izzy and Sabrina on the tram ride.. (tired old Gran's favorite part)...

Gran and Sophie, who's VERY active and bossy these days. Makayla and Madi, You may not be in any of these photos, but when Gran posts again, you WILL BE.
Saturday was spent at Chuck E. Cheese for Conner's birthday.. More pics to follow. Conner had a wonderful time running and laughing. It was so much fun to watch him.

I drove home Sunday and caravaned with my sister, Mary, back to Phoenix. Mary stays busy and I tried to stay up with her! We went to Sedona on Monday, the airport to meet her friend Gail on Tuesday. Yesterday I did paperwork for an appointment today and tried to catch up a little on photography stuff..... So I've been busy. Have had a great visit with my sister. Hopefully she hasn't been too bored. Sabby's been loving her visit with us and I worry, she'll have Mary's eyes crossing soon too!

Today, after my appointment, Paul and I head out for So Cal again, with a trip to Disneyland on our agenda for tomorrow. I get in free on my birthday... Since the scooter rental is almost as much as a ticket, I may do the walking thing.. Paul's knees are bothering him (middle age is GREAT isn't it?) he suggested we both rent scooters and travel along hand in hand.. :)
Thanks for taking the time to read my blog today....
 Kathie, since I won't see you until after tomorrow.  HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!.......


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds & looks like you all had a great time & the baby elephant... AWWW!!! That's so cool that he was born just before ya'll got there - how lucky is that! hehehe
Have fun for me too @ Disneyland - I've never been there, but I did go to Disney World a LOOOONG time ago!

Michelle said...

That looked like fun! I've never been to San Diego and I have been DYING to go to Sea World. Maybe soon.

Have fun at Disney. That's my favorite place. The tickets are ridiculously expensive but I am trying to convince Jr that we should go in October for my birthday. We'll see I guess.

Have fun!

Julee Marie Photography said...

Betty, I'm glad you had a great time in California. I wanna see more pics! And next time, please don't take a picture while you're driving! That scares me to no end with you! LOL! Have a GREAT time in Disneyland....

Betty F said...

Thanks Julee!!! Paul and I just decided we're too tired to head out today; we're leaving early in the morning.

Brenda said...

Have fun Betty! It sounds like you have been traveling a lot lately. I bet you will post lots of pictures when you get back. Oh and Happy Birthday!!!

sandy said...

wow, great photos of the kids and you sure have been busy. We had Hunt with us for five days and my eyes were crossing from the nonstop talking, hahaha..and the last night he snored all night and i was hanging on the edge of the bed, pillows fell to the floor through the night and oh, my aching neck...

Rudee said...

Oh I love the baby elephant. I didn't see anything half as amazing when I went there. Sniff. I'm also grateful I didn't give birth to anything as hefty as that. Ouch. Poor mama. Have fun at Disneyland-and happy birthday.