Monday, May 18, 2009

Some times you JUST CAN'T Win for Loosing... Like NOW


This week we were trying to get new tires for Paul's Big Truck. $400.00... I scraped that up using some wedding money etc. The tires were 479.00 and Paul spent 80.00 at Walmart..  So, we put off the tires.. That gave us a couple of extra dollars until the end of the month... So I'll put the rest of the wedding money into the business account?
 NOT.. Saturday Morning Ricky called... In his driveway.. IN HIS DRIVEWAY... Some one had stolen two tires COMPLETE with the rims.. right off his car. Paul, who'd been planning on spending his day off at the Phoenix gun show Yes, the Phoenix Gun Show.. at our brand new convention center in Phoenix, left and spent the entire day trying to find used rims to put the new tires, we now have to buy (yeah, I see the irony) for Ricky's neon.. The neon is in both Ricky and Paul's name.. And Ricky had just given us his car payment in cash.. Which of course still has to be paid today... So, since Ricky is scraping together the money to move back to CA.. He's broke.. We have to use the car payment money to get his tires replaced.. Yeah we have insurance.. Our comp has a  $500.00 deductable..  I've told Paul for YEARS that we cannot come up with $500.00 out of our butts anymore.. I'm not working.  But he handles the insurance stuff... I digress.
 Paul spent the very hot May day, going through junk yards in Phoenix, Avondale and Buckeye looking for used rims..
Needless to say, our couple of extra dollars; this pay period turned into, hm... I need to get the deposit I have ACTUALLY INTO the bank today.. Early.. 
Paul and Ricky decided to go ahead and go on their planned trip to Sedona today. Their only day off together before Ricky moves home to CA.. UNTIL.
Until Paul noticed this morning,  that the air temperature in the main part of the house, Yes, the part that our larger AC unit (we have two) cools, wasn't reading correctly.. And so it is, that on a week we have NO extra dollars in our piggy bank; Our A.C. is not working.. Warranty be damned, there WILL be a house call and WHATEVER the problem is, I'm pretty sure it won't be covered..
That's o.k. really because the AC servicing folks said they couldn't get out here until the 26th.. Today the temp today is suppose to be 107..  When Paul told the nice man on the phone that his wife has M.S. and heat is one of the worst things for it, he said he'd try to speed things up..  So maybe on the 23rd?????
I'm working on getting all those chemicals I bought trying to get rid of the unexpected algae problem in the pool, yesterday (though we were low on funds) to actually work today, finding an umbrella and sitting in the pool, under the umbrella... Of course there was lightening and rain last night.. This week I probably should NOT risk it; not this week.
On a future post, I most likely will rant, rave and curse at the audacity of worthless, YES WORTHLESS, punks who think it's fine and dandy to go ahead and TAKE from someone else what they want. Thus, putting that kid, who plays by the rules, over the edge, financially.. Him or his parents.. But I'll save that for another day.
Thanks for taking the time and energy to read my blog today.

P.S.  Thought I'd catch you all up.... I just double checked my bank balance and see that an UNauthorized debit to my account has been made by Panda-- internet security. for renewal charges, I didn't ask for, authorize or want.. I'm not going to ask if this day can get any worse. It's only 7:00 am.. and it just might.

9 comments:

Jose said...

Wow, that just sucks all the way around, it's the sign of the times, sorry it happened to you guys, and I keep hearing it's going to get worse before it gets better.

Rudee said...

Oh my, how awful. Call your bank right away. I despise thieves...

Brenda said...

I have had similar things happen lately. You know that saying bad things come in threes....sounds like you have a few more than that, and so have I. I mean about things breaking around the house that costs money we don't have...haven't had any punks stealing, although we do have my car out in the driveway, so it could easily happen. Rants and vents help sometimes. Hope things improve soon for you, especially the air conditioner!

Anonymous said...

I am sooo sorry you guys are having so many problems! I lived in the country for over 20 years & never had a problem w/ thieves, then bought a house in town & in 2 weeks someone broke in my house & stole my grandmother's wedding ring & my grandfather's class ring - which both of my g'parent's have passed away, so nothing can replace those items, but the insurance company wouldn't pay because they said the insurance policy was too new! Can you believe that! JERKS!

I'm praying for you guys & I hope things somehow work out.

Hugs!

Betty F said...

Thanks everyone. The guy at the bank was a jerk, I responded poorly, then demanded his supervisor and was put on hold while that clown was probably laughing... He p off the WRONG middle aged B with nothing better to do all day than Make his life a living hell..... To bad I will most likely NOT call them again.

sandy said...

Oh I get angry just reading about the theft. Things like that have happened with my sons and somehow it is always us parents that come through for them...your son is so lucky you were there to help out...I feel bad that Ricky had this happen to him when he has a big move ahead.

And about your heat and no AC, oh dear..I really really hope you get that fixed soon and it is under warranty, that would be a godsend if that happened.

I love Arizona but this time of year through summer, I could NOT hang...

We will get hot enough over the summer...

take care and I hope it all smoothes out for you!

Carla Marasco said...

Holy Cow...today is not your day! Go back to bed! Tomorrow has to be better...right! Poor Ricky , Rob talked to him too. He was so frustrated. You'll get through it all. We just need one big wedding check :) Not the pay-it-forward ones!

Michelle said...

Man that sucks... I am tired and going crazy just reading all that. I hope everything works itself out and gets better soon Betty!

Julee Marie Photography said...

Betty! That totally sucks all the way around. First thing First you need to get those people out ASAP! You cannot go w/out AC. Nobody can in that hell! LOL ok but seroiusly I hope the warranty covers it! I don't like reading about your troubles but I love the way you write it. Totally sucks about Ricky.. tell him its a sign.. He's not supposed to move away.. haa haa